Friday, December 15, 2006

12/14/2006 Core & Spinning

Core Class

I'm really feeling better and better about my core strength every week that I enter this class. This week I had a bit of a breakthrough because my back didn't hurt while I was working on the balance ball. Usually when I'm leaning back over the ball and doing crunches or other exercises that require leaning back over the ball my back starts to ache. I attribute it to weak core muscles and the fact that I sit in an office chair 8+ hours a day at work which leads to weak core muscles. It was a solid 30 minute core class.


Interval Spinning

I'm starting to come around to Jamie's way of running her spinning classes. It's not really a bad turnaround in two classes. I was still feeling that bit of skepticism at the beginning of the class as we were warming up. I didn't really know where she was going with the class, and as it was supposed to be a 60 minute interval class I was wondering when we were going to get to the intervals. The fact is I just don't trust her at this point as an instructor to get the most out of the time on the spinning bike. By 30 minutes in though we were into full on interval mode and I was working my butt off. She just has a different style of running the class, and I'm still getting used to her concentration on cadence. I can come around to her way of teaching and get into it. spinning class.

No comments: