Monday, December 31, 2007

2008

It's time to set up some goals for the new year! Over the past year I've found that I've been doing a lot more running that I have cycling thanks to the addition of marathons to my race schedule. It is very time consuming and energy consuming to prepare for the marathons leaving less time for the bike. This made my duathlon plans and mileage plans for 2007 suffer. It just became to much to juggle with trying to train for the Flying Pig and training of the half in the fall and Disney coming up in a couple weeks. Something just have to give, and it turned out to be the time on the bike.

In 2008 I've decided to continue with my running goals that I didn't quite reach last year like the sub-20 minute 5k and sub-40 minute 10k, and my ultimate goal of a Boston Marathon qualifying time. This means I'm going to change my goals for cycling. Running is going to be about speed, and cycling is going to be about distance and just enjoyment. I want to continue my cycling, and especially commuting this year. I just won't be working on speed.

One new thing that I'll be doing in 2008, or at least revisiting after 8 years is the triathlon. Rather than trying to compete in a bunch of duathlons I'm going to prepare for one triathlon. It will most likely be one of the HFP races, and most likely the East Fork Triathlon. The race is in August which will give me plenty of time to prepare for the swim once the weather gets warmer.

I'll also be revisiting the MS150 ride this year with my buddy Rick. I've done the MS150 3 times in the past. It's always a great time for a great cause.

GOALS
1500 miles running challenge
1500 mile cycling challenge
2008 push-up challenge
2008 sit-up challenge
commute to work on bike more
qualify for Boston (3:10 marathon)
run a sub-20 minute 5K
run a sub-40 minute 10K
Race 1 Triathlon
Ride and MS150 ride
Race a fall marathon

sub-categories
track eating and eat healthier (limit fast food, sweets, soda)
get to the gym twice a week

No comments: