It's that time kids. It's time for everybody to break out their year end/decade end lists of everything from the best music, movies, celebrity indiscretions to the best commercials. You name it there is probably a best of list to go with it. Here's my small contribution to the glut of favorites and bests. Here is a quick run down of my favorite music for the year of 2009.
Since Last.FM has tracked pretty much every song I've listened to in iTunes and on my iPod for almost 2 years these were pretty quick and easy lists to compile. We're going to keep it simple and go top 3 songs, artists and albums of the year.
Songs of the year:
3. Ludacris - One More Drink
I first heard this song at a WEBN fireworks party over Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks to my iPhone and Shazam I tagged it and picked it up the next day. It immediately went in to my running mix and heavy listening rotation. It's super catchy ear candy.
2. The Ting Tings - Be The One
Simple, catchy tune on a great album full of catchy tunes. This is another running mix mainstay of the year.
1. Neko Case - This Tornado Loves You
What better to describe the destructive side of love than a force of nature. I never grow tired of this song.
Artists of the year:
3. Neko Case - Brilliant songwriter and criminally under appreciated artist. Check her out. Now.
2. Lily Allen - Say it ain't so!! Hopefully she'll take some time off and come back kicking ass like she has on her first two albums.
1. Pearl Jam - Speaking of comebacks. I am a die hard Pearl Jam fan, and have every album they've released. I have nothing but respect for these guys as they ditched the mainstream, their label and went their own way to develop a Grateful Dead like following. This is the first album in a long time to get media attention and for good reason. It's brilliant.
Albums of the year. (Oddly this is not on the website, but only on the iPhone App.)
3. Pearl Jam - Backspacer
2. Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
1. Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
If you don't own these albums. You are missing out.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
My Christmas bag of Cincinnati Bengals M&M's were invaded by a stray purple candy. I'm thinking it was a Baltimore Ravens or Minnesota Vikings M&M. As you can see though the encroacher was soundly smashed by the delicious orange and black candies. Let's say it's Fav-ra and his Vikings and this is a glimpse of the coming playoffs. Who Dey.