Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Allure of the Race

I am planning on doing something at a duathlon that I've never done before. I'm going to be a spectator. The Duathlon National Championship is coming up at the end of the month. The regional competition is being held in Mason, OH. It's not too far from home, so I thought I might drive up and watch the race. I could take my camera and shoot some photos, and cheer on fellow racer and frequent competitor Kevin. He's a very nice guy that I've met and been racing against at the Wheelie Fun races this year.

Kevin asked if I had signed up for the race at the last race in Caesar Creek. I had not and have no intention of signing up. However, now that I am looking at the event it calling to me. "Adam, come out and play, come race me. It will be aaaaawwweesoooommme." So far I am resisting the siren song of the race. I have no reason to sign up. I have a good schedule set up. I have until the end of August until my next duathlon which gives me plenty of time to train and get psyched up for the next race. I have no reason to sign up, but it would be awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, Thanks for the comment you left on my journal last week! (regarding my first 10k road race) I know how you feel about the allure of the race, next weekend I am going into Stuttgart and if there are any starting places left I will take part on a 5k or 10k fun run. I am telling myself to look at it as a training run, but I know that once I am there I will try for the best possible time. I know I can afford to do it because my next race is the WW1/2 in October - so it counts as training right? At least thats what I am telling myself. I will be in your situation when the end of September comes along and I will need to stop myself from signing up for every 10k road race on the local calendar (there are many!). Could you look at it as training? Nah, who are we kidding... Cheers, Alex.