Wednesday, February 11, 2009

12 Favorite Cover Songs

Another one of those list things! I can get on board with this one. If you feel like doing this one tag me up (on Facebook), so I can see what songs you choose! It was a tough list. I have a whole list of songs that hurt to cut, and it was hard not to cheat so I did...a little.

1. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (Bob Dylan) Obvious but a must

2. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Cake (Osvaldo Farrés)

3. Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright (Leonard Cohen) haunting

4. Hurt & Won't Back Down - Johnny Cash (Nine Inch Nails & Tom Petty) A bit of a cheat, but how can deny the weight of years he brings to these songs?

5. Smokin' In The Boys Room - Motley Crue (Brownsville Station) My inner teenager weighs in

6. Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson)

7. Landslide - The Dixie Chicks (Fleetwood Mac) Gina may call blasphemy on this, but I love it.

8. Ring of Fire - Social Distortion (Johnny Cash) She may really call it on this one!

9. Fell In Love With A Boy - Joss Stone (The White Stripes)

10. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - The White Stripes (Tommy Hunt)

11. Baby Got Back - Jonathon Coulton (Sir Mix-a-Lot) brilliant and hilarious

12. Against All Odds - The Postal Service (Phil Collins) I have two ears and a heart don't I?

No comments: