Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let The Races Begin!

Finally 2009 racing season is upon us..or me. I'm hoping to kick it off right this weekend with a trail run from one of the Dirt Days Trail Series. I say I'm hoping because I haven't fully committed to the race and may end up scrapping it. Regardless the race season will start in earnest 2 weeks after that with the Heart Mini-Marathon.

I'm looking forward to the Heart Mini this year and possibly taking down my previous 15k PR of 1:05. I'm feeling pretty good about it as workouts have been going well with lots of hills and speed work recently. As long as I can keep the knees and IT bands healthy I'll have a good shot at it.

I'm also excited to be putting the Little Miami Triathlon back on the schedule. I have been asked to join a team this year which will mean partnering up for the canoe. Apparently there are several other teams that we will be racing against. The slowest team buys beer or something. Whatever the stakes it will be fun to get out for some friendly competition on an extremely fun race. It will give me incentive to get back on the bike this year to prepare for race day. The focus has been so much on the marathons in the last year or so that my biking has taken a back seat.

What am I doing sitting here typing? I should be out running my hills.

No comments: