Friday, October 01, 2010

A Masters Class in Procrastinating


I don't like to call myself an artist, but let's face it when it comes to procrastinating life is my canvas and procrastination is my most cherished tool. There is a subtlety to this art. Anybody can put something off and panic at the last moment struggling to finish that simple task that should have been done months ago. It takes, dare I use the word genius?, let's say a craftsman to start training for a marathon 4 months in advance; change the plans in the last 3 weeks, and sign up on the verge of sell out. All this is done with no pain and without breaking a sweat. Well, actually I sweat gallons over the last 4 months during training, and the pain has been excruciating at times, but that is beside the point! It's an art people.

With only two weeks left until the marathon it's like Christmas time. If Christmas involved long hours of running, waking up at 5 a.m. for those special hours and dealing with the long hours of being on your feet. Sounds a lot like the day after Thanksgiving for some of you dedicated shoppers to me. And you think I'm crazy. It's time to enjoy my celebration with lots of rest, good food, and planning for the big day. Is it too early to start carbo loading?

No comments: