Thursday, July 09, 2009

Adam's Workout Plan


This long distance dedication goes out to Debie in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Debie somehow found a list of songs that I had posted a couple years ago on the message board for a cycling group on Sparkpeople. I'd be curious to see those songs that I was working out to 2 years ago. I suspect many of them are still in regular rotation on my iPod.

Debie asked me what I'm listening to lately that gets my butt moving during workouts. After a quick consult of my trusty shuffle that I run with and my recently listened to songs in iTunes I put together a workout mix, or plan if you will. It keeps me moving, but what's most importantly is if you use this mix you won't have to deal with Ray Ray's broke a$$ no more (see track 9). If you want another, and better, mix I would check out the 5 Minute/Mile Mix Gina gave me last spring prior to the Flying Pig Marathon. It is guaranteed to have you running 5 minute miles (the mix master nor the writer cannot be held liable for failure to run 5 minute/miles. If you do succeed at anytime after listening to the mix the mix master gets all credit for helping you reach said goal). I consider it the gold standard of running mixes. It is still in regular rotation, and I'm constantly striving to her level of mix-manship.
  • This Tornado Loves You - Neko Case
  • Can I Get a... - Jay-Z
  • Search and Destroy - Peaches
  • Joker and The Thief - Wolfmother
  • The Fear - Lily Allen
  • Superstition - Stevie Wonder
  • Animal - Pearl Jam
  • Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
  • The New Workout Plan - Kanye West
  • Like This - Girl Talk
  • Ghetto Pop Life - Danger Mouse & Gemini
  • Movies - Alien Ant Farm
  • Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
  • Be The One - The Ting Tings
  • Poker Face - Lady Ga Ga
  • Lisztomania - Phoenix
  • Paper Planes - M.I.A.
  • Give Me A Beat - Girl Talk

No comments: