Monday, July 13, 2009

Fall Race Plans

Today begins training for the fall race season. There was a last minute addition that has me kind of pumped. Initially I was going to do the White Tail Trail Half in October as my main race for the fall, but after hearing that one of Gina's co-workers is running the State To State Half I quickly did some calculations to see if I would have enough time to train. Yep, it has been added to my schedule as my A race for the fall. Competitive? What? I don't know what you mean Gina.

My excuses are: the addition of the State To State will give me the opportunity to go for a PR for the half distance, where I'm hoping to come in around 1 hr. 30 minutes. The White Tail Trail Half will be more for the experience of doing a trail half. It will also hopefully provide for some competition..against myself...for the PR.

For the training schedule I chose Hal Higdon's Advanced Half Marathon training program. I like that it mixes up the speed work with 400, 800 and 1600 intervals over the course of the training. It also includes lots of race pace running and good mileage. I'm pretty excited to get back on to a training schedule (because I'm sick like that).

So the tentative summer/fall race schedule looks like this:

I don't know what it looks like yet. The training schedule suggests racing on certain dates, but I may have to juggle that around a bit depending on work and when races are scheduled.

Off for a run!


No comments: