Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sweet Times Coming Down...

It's my first week on the night shift. I was very nervous about the first night. I imagined that about 3 am I would hit a brick wall and it would be all downhill from there. They would find me curled up in the fetal position in the break room snoring. It didn't turn out to be that bad. I was kept busy all night taking care of patients and learning the ins and outs of a new position in the ICU. It was very interesting monitoring all the patients right from the desk with the fancy new equipment.

I didn't hit the wall until about 5 am. By then I could push through to the end with thoughts of laying my head down and blacking out. After unwinding for a couple hours that is exactly what I did. I slept hard for about 4 hours.

I think The Commodores summed it up best. It's gonna be alright...


1 comment:

Gina said...

I think you left out the best parts... that you announced your arrival home by barging through the front door; then pretended to read a marketing book while falling face-first from boredom on the bed while fake snoring and THEN going for a six mile run.

Then, after all of that, you went to bed after being up all night.

The nightshift is the least of your problems - you're insane.