Friday, April 14, 2006

4/12-4/13/2006 Strength Training & Running

4/12 Strength Training

eliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC BandsLunges with rows, 12 each side.
Wall sit w/15 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 1 minute
shoulder press = 1 minute
walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 12lb. wts
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 80 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 80 lbs.
lower leg raise w/overhead 8lb (abs) 2x25

4/13 Running

It was a beautiful, sunny and warm day yesterday, so it was a good opportunity to get outside and run instead of spinning in a dark room. Actually it was on the verge of being hot out. It was about 78 degrees and a bit humid; definitely the warmest day yet this year. I decided to hit the Lunken Park trail again. I ran one loop which took 45:12. I wasn't entirely sure of the distance, so I asked and was told that it was 6 miles. I doubt that it's 6 miles. I would say that it's closer to 5 1/2 miles. I'll have to check it the next time I have my bike over there.

The course is a test of your will because it is soooo boring. It is almost completely flat with the exception of one hill, and most of the path is surrounded by trees. This is nice because of the oxygen that trees and plants give off, but it also obstructs any sort of view. It seems to make it very hard for me to judge the distance on the long straight aways also, which is a bit unsettling for some reason.

No comments: