Friday, April 28, 2006

4/26-4/28/2006 A Flurry of Activity

4/26/2006 Running and Bicycling

My buddy Rick has decided to possibly give the Little Miami Triathlon another try this fall. We did the race together 2 years ago, and he had a good time, but he really disliked the running portion of the race. In order to get going again he asked me to do some running with him. I'm happy to do it, because it will motivate me to get my butt out of bed in the morning. So he's starting off at a low distance, easy pace and we'll build up from there. We ran together for the first 2 miles on the usual route along Filigar and Meghan's Run and then from there I went on and ran another 3.3 miles around the 222 loop. I'm trying to get used to some hill running. I must say that the hill wasn't as bad this time. I didn't feel completely wiped out at the top of the hill and was able to finish at a good pace. I didn't time it, but the 5.3 mile run took about 55 minutes.

I also decided to do some bicycling. I dropped my car off for some repairs in Amelia and hopped on the bike for a brisk ride home. I felt so good that I turned it into a 30 mile ride out to Greenbriar. It was a very nice, sunny ride.

Odo: 236.9 mi
Dist: 30.33 mi
Time: 2:01:05
Avg: 15.0 mph
Max: 37.6 mph

4/27/2006 Spinning

I finally got back to the spinning class last night. I just realized that it has been almost 2 months since last attending the class, but it has just been so nice outside that I've spent class time outside running a bicycling. It felt good to get back though. It was a 45 minute Strength Class, which is just what I needed. I've been talking about pushing bigger gears and this was the perfect class to get into that groove. I also had a nice little moment when I realized that I was able to get out of my head. What I mean by this is that when I'm spinning, bicycling or running I'll get uncomfortable or in pain and I'll get stuck in my head with the pain and not be able to shake it off. It is hard to explain, but it is demoralizing and makes for a very long workout. Anyway, I was able to pull out of the rut and give the class a strong finish.

4/28/2006 Running

It was the second day of running with Rick. He ran the 2 miles again. This time he was able to finish up the 2 miles with a short sprint to the end. If we can get out a couple times a week. He should be ready in October for the race. I went on to run 3.3 miles in a little over 30 minutes. I didn't time the run again, but that's fine. It was good to get out and do some running after a tough spinning class. I was able to loosen up and relax.

8 days until the Flying Pig Relay!!

No comments: