Monday, April 17, 2006

4/17/2006 Strength Training & Intervals

Strength Training

eliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC BandsLunges with rows, 12 each side.
Wall sit w/15 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 1 minute
shoulder press = 1 minute
walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 12lb. wts
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 85 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 85 lbs.
lower leg raise w/overhead 8lb (abs) 2x25

Running - Intervals

I haven't done any running intervals in a while and I had some time left over after strength training, so I decided it was time to hit the indoor track at the Healthplex. Each lap on the track is 1/6 of the mile, hence...well whatever. I ran 1 lap slow, 2 laps fast, 1 lap slow, 2 laps fast. I did two sets of these totalling 2 miles for about 20 minutes. I wasn't sure how my body would react to these, since I haven't done them in a while. The good news is, they felt pretty good. At the end of the second set I could have definitely gone on two do one more if I would have had time.

I had a nice little bonus today! As I was getting ready to leave I walked by a chair massage setup. You better believe I was going to take advantage of that! A little 5 minute massage always improves a day.

No comments: