Wednesday, April 19, 2006

4/19/2006 Running

I must have been possessed this morning! I wanted to get up and run this morning, but for some reason I got into the racing zone. I'm not sure why, but it felt gooood. :) I ran 3.6 miles at a racing pace. The goal was to finish it under 30 minutes. I just missed it. I ran 3.6 miles in 30 minutes and 7 seconds. I was initially dissappointed, but as I was thinking about it I realized that it was a pretty good time under the circumstances and, like I said, it felt gooood. The circumstances were that I rolled out of bed grabbed a drink of water, and ran. Not exactly optimal preparation for a race. I also pigged out last night on roast, potatoes and carrots shortly before falling asleep. It made me feel a little sluggish and bloated when I woke up. (damn I'm getting old) On top of that I ran a tough course with a lot of hills in the first 2.6 miles and flat the last mile. With all that I convinced myself that it was a good run. Plus, I sprinted the last 100 yards or so, because I wanted under that 30 minute mark so bad! If I can sprint at the end of a 3+ mile run that is a very, very good sign that the fitness level is looking good.

No comments: