Saturday, June 24, 2006

6/24/2006 Bicycling

I had a nice ride this morning from our house to Milford (about 13 miles one way)to try out the new section of the bike path (a rails to trails project). It was packed with walkers, rollerbladers, and families on bicycles. It was nice new black top, so it was worth the minor inconvenience to have a nice shady smooth 10 miles.

The mystery of the blown tire was solved this morning. The tire was clearly punctured. It looked to be a nail or tack, as it was clean hole punched right through the tube. I also found my computer was down this morning. Either water got in the casing, or the battery just happened to go dead after that ride. I only knew my mileage because I've ridden that route several times before, and the mileage was marked once I hit the bike path. I rode a total of 36 miles in about 2 1/2 hours.

No comments: