Sunday, October 08, 2006

10/6 - 10/8/2006 Strength & Cycling

10/6/2006 Strength Training

Elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Clamshell crunch w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25


10/8/2006 Cycling

It was the type of day that I just didn't want to go home. I started out going on a 20 mile ride that quickly doubled...and then some. I wasn't pushing hard or keeping track of time, mileage, average speed or any of the other little details that I tend to obsess over. I was just enjoying the ride. I could feel the autumn in the air. Even though it was a very warm 75 degree day there was that undercurrent or feeling of cold weather coming. On the loop I was riding there were several places that I could've cut the ride short, but everytime it would come time to make that decision it was a no brainer. I just wanted to keep riding! I also wanted to get in a long ride in preparation for Sunday's Sunflower Revolution Metric Century ride. A chance to ride with Davis Phinney and Connie Carpenter Phinney, Sweet!

Odo: 1667.6 miles
Dist: 47.09 miles
Time: 2:56.08
Avg: 16 mph
Max: 44.3 mph

No comments: