Wednesday, October 11, 2006

10/9 - 10/10/2006 Strength & Tempo Run

10/9/2006 Strength Training

Elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 95 lbs.
Clamshell crunch w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25


Running

It was the first day of my 8 week training program building up to the Thanksgiving Day 10K Race. I'm still not sure what I'm working toward exactly which has been troubling for my motivation. What is it that I want to get out of this race, or what do I hope to achieve? Do I want to push for a better time than my 43:41 for the Mercy Metric? Do I want to just chill out and enjoy the run with my friends that are going to be there? I'm going to continue on the program at least until I make up my mind. I ran 3 miles in about 28 minutes. It was mostly flat on Filager and Meghan's Run.


10/10/2006 Tempo Run

I was feeling stiff on my run today. It was to be expected after a double dose of strength and running yesterday. It still doesn't make it any easier knowing that it was going to be hard. When I'm stiff like that I think of it as running on stilts, because that is kind of what it feels like. I decided to push on through though and hit it. I went to Central Park by Aiden's school to do the run on the jogging trail. I started with a slowish pace and pumped it up in the middle mile and held that pace until the last 1/2 mile. Very scientific, no? I forgot to start my watch, so I don't have an exact time, but I figured it was about 27 minutes for the 3 1/4 miles.

No comments: