Thursday, October 26, 2006

10/25/2006 Running Intervals

Hmmm...it seems that I was a little off on my calculations for the 8 week program leading up to the Thanksgiving Day Race. I was using the Yahoo! calendar and counted a week twice in the switch from October to November. It throws me a little off in my training, but I wasn't really following the schedule very strictly anyway. It's all good, that just means I'll only get up to 11x400 on my intervals. C'est La Vie.

It was interval day, and I went back to the treadmill to do the run. I used my heart rate monitor this time to do the intervals. When my heart rate dipped back down into the 130's I'd pump it up for another fast 400. It worked out pretty well instead of just doing 400 up and 400 jog. I really felt the workout take it's toll in the last couple of 400's. Very cool. It was 8x400 that took 33:36 and ran me a little over 3 miles.

It's a day of rest on Thursday, and then on to The Run Like Hell 5K race Friday evening! We'll see if these intervals are paying off.

No comments: