Wednesday, November 01, 2006

10/27 - 10/29/2006 Run Like Hell & Cycling

10/27/2006 Run Like Hell

It was pouring down rain up until the start of the race. It was by no means cold, but cool enough that the drenching rain could be really uncomfortable if it were not for the excitement at the starting line. Despite the rain hundreds of people showed up, some in costume, for the Friday night race. The best costume I saw this year was the couple that ran as babies in baby walkers. They were awesome with the diapers, bonnets and these huge walkers made from pvc pipe.

The course is rolling hills, not a single inch of the course is flat. You are either going up hill or down hill. Despite the tough course and the crummy weather I ran a very good race. I would say great, but I was really hoping to achieve two things in this race, and I did neither. First, I wanted to finish a 5k this year with a sub-20 minute time. I didn't quite make it, but with a time of 21:21 I am happy. Actually, it is a 5k PR, so I should be really happy. Next year I'll be shooting for sub-20's. The other goal I was shooting for was to finish in the Top 50 men. I missed the 50th spot by a couple of places and 14 seconds! I knew I was going to be close, but had no way of knowing exactly where I was during the race. I ran the best race possible that night, so it's all good, but 14 seconds! It's now on my list of goals for next year.

Mile 1 – 6:27
Mile 2 – 7:18
Mile 3.1 – 7:35
Total: 21:20

10/29/2006 Cycling

Cycling hill repeats. Started with .5 mile hill on Benton seated, moved on to Rt. 50 hill a 1.2 mile hill not very steep grade, seated. Rt. 132 hill twice, steeper than Rt. 50 hill but shorter at .5 miles. First run seated, second half seated then half out of saddle. Finished up with Filager Rd hill very steep, but short at .35 miles. This was done in the saddle.

Odo: 1831.3 miles
Dist: 20.02 miles
Time: 1:24.29
Avg: 14.2 mph
Max: 36.6 mph

No comments: