Saturday, November 25, 2006

11/25/2006 Dog Jog/Long Run

I considered taking the entire weekend off after Thursday's race, but I just couldn't bring myself to do nothing for 3 days. It was a great sunny day outside, low 40's and an expected high for the day of 60 degrees F. How could I let a day like this slip by when we are quickly moving into winter season when there will be less and less of these days. Sticking to my intentions of getting Gracie out at least once a week the morning started out as a dog jog. I found the harness that we bought for Gracie last year that I had completely forgotten about. It was a huge help and made the run a lot easier. Just having it on seems a signal to her not to pull on the leash. I highly recommend picking one up of dog joggers. We dog jogged 2.3 miles that is Filager and Meghan's Run. After that Gracie was wiped out, so I dropped her off and ran the 222/132 loop for another solo 3 miles for what I'll call my long run. The entire run took about 48 minutes.

No comments: