Sunday, November 12, 2006

11/12/2006 Long Run

I used what has become the normal 8.5 mile course for the run. It was fairly cool, on the verge of cold maybe high 30's so, I was in long pants and and long sleeved undershirt. I threw on my orange short sleeve running shirt so cars would see me. I was very comfortable for the run, so if we have similar conditions on Thanksgiving I'll probably run in that outfit.

The run itself was great. I was very comfortable the entire time. I was aware of my pace and picked it up a few times just to test the comfort limit. I wasn't pushing hard, but kept the pace up slightly to see how it would effect how I felt and my time. At the end of the run I felt great! Actually I had to reel myself in, because I thought about adding on another mile and half. I convinced myself that there wasn't really anything positive that could come of it in the training. I'll have plenty of time to push my mileage limit starting in January as I start training for the Flying Pig. Feeling that good and beating my previous time by a solid 4 minutes while only raising my avg hr. by 2 bpms. Awesome.

One last thing. I finally remembered to split out the 132 hill. .65 miles at 5 minutes 37 seconds which is a 8:38 pace, with an overall pace of 7:42.


Avg. HR 157
Peak HR 179
Min HR 78
Total Cal 1070
Rcl 1: 39:32.56 Avg HR 153
Rcl 2: 05:37.39 (Rt. 132 hill .65 miles) Avg HR 173
Rcl 3: 20:21.43 Avg HR 162
Total: 1:05:31

No comments: