Monday, November 20, 2006

11/18 - 11/19/2006 Dog Jog & Long Run

11/18/2006 Dog Jog

As winter starts to rear its ugly head here in Ohio it is going to get harder and harder to get myself motivated to get out and run. It hasn't been bad so far, but I can feel the cold weather coming and I am not a fan of the cold at all. This spells bad news for our poor dog Gracie too. Since the winters in Ohio consist mostly of cold rain, a little snow here and there, and more cold rain the yard is almost always soggy and muddy, which aren't very good conditions for an indoor dog. Well the dog doesn't mind so much, but we don't like to have a muddy house.

In order to help Gracie out I'm gonna start taking her on jogs at least once a week. It's not something I'm particularly fond of doing because she is the worst on the leash. She jerks, pulls, tries to chase squirrels and birds and is generally a pain in the butt. It will be good for her though, so I'm gonna take a running day to do this for a while during the winter. On the first day we ran the 3.3 mile route along Filager and Meghan's Run

11/19/2006 Long Run

The Sunday prior to race day I wanted to get out for a run to calm the nerves and relax. I decided to keep it relatively short and at an easy pace. I ran my 6 mile route around Meghan's Run, 222, 132 to Filager in about 50 minutes. It was a nice easy run that left me feeling good about the upcoming race.

No comments: