Thursday, November 23, 2006

11/21/2006 Strength Training & Running

Strength Training



Elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.
Hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.
Clamshell crunch w/overhead 8lb ball 2x25

Running

Two days before Thanksgiving Day 10k and one last run. Tomorrow will be a rest day so I wanted to take it easy, but not that easy. I'm feeling edgy and excited, so not doing anything was simply not an option. I decided to hit the gym for some strength traininng and a 30 minute run on the treadmill. I kept the pace nice and easy starting at an 8 minute/mile bringing up to a 7:30 minute/mile after about 1/2 mile and holding that for 3.1 miles. After that I eased back and jogged it in to finish up the 30 minutes.

The goal for Thanksgiving Day Race 10K is going to be 7 minute miles and to have a good time during what is my last race of 2006. I want to end the racing year on a good note.

No comments: