Monday, November 13, 2006

11/13/2006 Riding Hills

Another gloriously cold day of riding hills. It was about 39 degrees out and sunny, so it was a perfect day to bundle up and do some hill work. I did the same route that I did last time, but changed the number of intervals. I hit the Benton hill first which is .4 miles long and very steep. I hit this one twice. I then moved on to Rt. 50 hill, which isn't as steep but is 1.5 miles long. This was a two timer as well. After climbing that one for the second time I rode over to 132 hill. By this time the fatigue is starting set in, the cold is seeping into my feet, and I'm starving! I really just wanted to ride up the hill hang a left and go home, but I will not be defeated! I rode the .65 mile hill that is moderately steep twice. After cruising back down I pedaled to 2 miles to the final ascent. The final is the shortest at .3 miles, but what I used to think of as the steepest. If that were the case it should have been the toughest climb of the day, but it wasn't. I cruised up the final .3 miles in the saddle fairly comfortably. It was a good end to a tough ride.

Odo: 1,874.03 mi.
Dist: 24.35 mi.
Avg: 14.61 mph
Max: 38 mph
Time: 1:40:00 (Estimated)

No comments: