Friday, March 02, 2007

3/02/2007 Medium Recovery Run

This run is brought to you by Body Glide, because without it I would be hobbling around like a baby with diaper rash. After yesterday's run in the rain I was feeling so stiff, sore and chafed in all those places that get chafed when clothes get wet. It was no fun getting up this morning, but I know the pain and tiredness is only temporary. I will look back on the early mornings, the runs in the rain, snow and cold and be grateful after a well run marathon. At least that is what I'm hoping anyway.

I hit the gym this morning to run the hamster wheel, since it was very early, still dark, and I was on a very tight schedule. Getting out of bed was brutal as my legs just didn't want to respond to my requests to stand up. Once I got to the gym I did some stretching which helped a bit, but my legs were still reluctant as I began my warm up jog. Everything was in slow motion, and the legs were begging me to stop, but I pushed on. I wish I could say it got better, but it never really did. I loosened up a bit as I was running, but I never felt good, and more than anything just wanted to stop.

I managed a 4.5 mile run in about 45 minutes including the warm up and cool down portions of the run. I maintained a pace between 8 minute and 8:34.

No comments: