Monday, March 19, 2007

3/18/2007 Long Run

It's pretty rare that I'm out for a night time run, but when I am able to get out at night I always enjoy it. For my Sunday long run I ran into a situation where I didn't have time in the morning because of work, and didn't really want to put it off until Monday. So, after work I suited up and hit the roads out the door of the workplace. I've talked about running around work before and have enjoyed it every time. This time was no exception.

I hit the roads at dusk and ran for 1:17:49 into the night. The 9.75 mile run took me all over Clifton through the gaslight district. What I didn't count on was just how little light those gas lamps emit. I had to stop a few times to look at my route sheet to be sure I was going the right direction. It slowed me down a little bit to an 8 min/mile pace. That's probably a good thing considering I should have been running slower on a long run, but I didn't want to be out running all night.

No comments: