Thursday, March 29, 2007

3/29/2007 Yasso 800's & Cycling

Yasso 800's

It was another fun day of intervals. This one was kind of fun since some of the pressure has been taken off of me with the decision to just do the best I can and to hell with trying to kill myself for a Boston qualifying time. I don't think I'll be going to Boston next year anyway. Although that is not a bad idea and worth looking into doing. Once again I used the 3:30 time that I had set early on in my interval training to run the sets on the road rather than heading to the track or the gym. The 7 800 intervals of 3:30 with 3:30 jogs in between were done up and down Filager Rd. outside the house. The varying terrain and small hills provided a nice change from running in circles around the track or pounding it out on the treadmill. The entire workout ran about 5.75 miles with the 1/2 mile warm up and 1/4 mile jogs in between sets.

Cycling

It was such a beautiful day I couldn't pass up a chance to get out on my bike. I don't know if I have anything of particular interest to report on this ride. It was a perfect 66 degrees and sunny out. I did hit some headwinds on some of the flat sections of my route, which was not fun, but maybe a good little reminder that I need to get out and do some training to prepare for such things. As a reminder to myself I should definitely get my bike in for a tune up sooner rather than later. The longer I wait, the longer it will take to get it back.

Dist: 24 miles
Time: 1:28.11
Avg: 16.3 mph
Max: 38 mph

No comments: