Friday, March 23, 2007

3/22/2007 Yasso 800's

This is the run that almost didn't happen, but turned out to be the most fun I've had running since marathon training began. After an extra long day at work sitting in front of the computer I really didn't feel like going to the gym to do my run on the hamster wheel. Actually I was dreading that, so I decided to skip the hamster wheel and head to downtown Batavia. Batavia is the typical small town, which means it is plenty safe and deserted to run the streets at night.

I used the 3:30 times that I was running during previous Yasso sessions as a guideline. Instead of using the 800 distance I ran the 3:30 time with the 3:30 jogs in between runs. I mapped out the route I used using routeslip afterwards and found that I had about a mile loop, so I figured I was getting in at least 800's on the runs.

I did 6 800 repeats with 6 jogs that I figure were 1/4 mile long for a total of 4.5 miles in 42 minutes.