Wednesday, May 02, 2007

5/02/2007 SRR - Counting Down to Flying Pig "4"

I've found that the best way to make sure that I take a nice slow, short run is to take our dog, Gracie, along with me. It is guaranteed that we will have to make multiple stops along the way, and she won't last more than a couple of miles. She's built for speed not endurance. So we hit the road for a 2.3 mile 22 minute jog with a few stops along the way.

I've pretty much decided on wearing my Zoot Trifit shorts and Prana Enduro shirt for the race on Sunday. I'll probably take along a throw away long sleeve t-shirt and maybe some sweats or loose shorts to stay warm before the race. I might take along some throw away gloves as well. It could be pretty cool in downtown near the river. Right now the weather looks like it is going to be fantastic day on Sunday, but possibly on the warm side. With a high of 78°F and low of 56°F I will be thankful that we start at 6:30 am, and I'll be done well before the heat of the day.

Now I just have to figure out my food carrying situation. I'm thinking I can get away with using my race number belt to staple a couple of Gu's to for the beginning of the race. I should see some familiar faces somewhere around the halfway point, so I can ditch it with them. I'm going to stop by the Running Spot this afternoon to see if there are any better solutions that aren't too expensive. I should have take care of this already, but it's the procrastinator in me shining through!

No comments: