Tuesday, May 01, 2007

5/01/2007 SRR - Counting Down to Flying Pig "5"

I'm feeling the energy starting to build for the Pig this weekend. It was hard not to overdo it today on my run. It was a beautiful day, and I am feeling good. I have some minor pain in my lower back on the right side, but it is not so bad. I'm going to try to get in to see my long ignored chiropractor this week to get an adjustment, and I'll definitely follow up after the race if the pain persists. For now though, it's a minor thing, and considering I've now run over 400 miles since the beginning of the year my body is holding up very well. This is by far the most I've ever run in any amount of time.

The schedule calls for a 20-30 minute srr, but I felt so good I pushed it a little further. I did 4.3 miles in about 38 minutes, which includes a minor clothing adjustment. I decided to try and get my wardrobe worked out for the race today. I tried a pair of tri-shorts underneath a pair of running shorts to try and combat the chafing issue, but halfway through the run I realized I was being silly. I ditched the running shorts all together, and I'm just going to go with the tri shorts, and my tight running shirt. I'm really not going to care when I'm out there running about modesty or anything else by mile 20. I'd much rather be comfortable and cool. I've got a 2 more runs to make a final decision, but I'm pretty well set. Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to carry to Gu packs on me for run consumption. hmmmm....

No comments: