Friday, May 05, 2006

5/04-5/05/2006 Everything

5/04/2006 Strength Training, Abs, Spinning

eliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Blue Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 1minute
shoulder press = 1 minute
walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 85 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 85 lbs.

I was thinking it was going to be a quick workout today and then on home. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I ran into Lisa and was quickly roped into staying for spinning class. I'm actually glad it happened, because I needed a kick in the ass to get me in gear. I was feeling a little lazy and not wanting to workout at all. The strength training was good; I went up from the yellow bands to the blue bands for the lunges and rows. Everything else remained the same.

Abs class was also good today. I can definitely feel a difference between where I am now and the last time I took the class. All the exercises that require me to hold my legs over my head are still a bitch. It feels like the blood is running out of my legs, and it is nearly impossible to keep them up. I wonder if this is the case, or if I'm just a wimp! It was a 30 minute ab class.

Spinning Class was a 45 minute Strength class. I must admit I went in to it thinking that I was only going to put forth 60% effort. Once I got into the class I probably put out about 85% effort. Get me on a bike and no matter how bad I feel I'm gonna put forth a good effort. Besides, she was playing my song. Actually, she was playing the mix I made for the class, which made me happy. :)

5/05/2006 Running

A very light running day with Rick. I ran the 2 miles with him and called it a day. It was a nice little stretch out after last night's classes.

I am now in resting mode until race day Sunday.

No comments: