Thursday, May 11, 2006

5/09-5/10/2006 Running/Strength/Bicycling

5/09/2006 Running

I'm feeling pretty pumped after coming off the Flying Pig. I really wanted to get out and do something on Monday, but there just wasn't enough time. I was able to get out early Tuesday morning with Rick to do some running. I ran the 2.3 miles with him at his pace. After he dropped off I went on to run an additional 3 miles for a total 5.3 mile in 56 minutes. I split out a time on the half mile hill which was approximately 4.5 minutes. I'm gonna keep working that hill as it seems to be helping.

5/10/2006 Strength Training/Bicycling

Strength Training
eliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Blue Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 1minute
shoulder press = 1 minute
walking lunges = width of court/back
2x12 lat raises with 15lb. wts
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 85 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 85 lbs.

Bicycling
It was a rainy day yesterday, but there was no way that was keeping me off my bicycle. It had been far too long since my last ride and I was itching to get back on the bike.

Here are the stats:

Odo: 259.2 mi.
Dist: 22.29 mi.
Time: 1:21:00
Avg: 17.1 mph
Max: 32.1 mph

I rode a route that was a little different this time. It was a little more flat and straight than my normal route, but it was a great ride. I'm questioning the distance a little bit, because it seemed that it should have been longer. This just may be because of the fact that it was a more flat ride, that it seemed longer. The usual ride has a mix of hills and flats that breaks up the ride into sections. The rain wasn't bad. It was intermittent, and it wasn't too cold. Lot's of fun!

I'm thinking of adding on a different race to my race schedule replacing the June Little Miami. There is a Tri/Du coming up in a week and a half that might fit in nicely, and it's less expensive. Besides the money factor I haven't touched a kayak yet this year, so I don't really feel very prepared. We will see...

No comments: