Sunday, May 28, 2006

5/26-5/27/2006 Running and Bicycling

5/26/2006 Running

We did a little switch up in the running schedule on Friday. Instead of running in the morning we decided to do an evening run. I didn't find that I ran that much better or quicker in the evening than in the morning. If anything, I felt more stiff from sitting at work all day. It did feel good to stretch out and run though. It was a long run Friday, because I decided to go ahead and run instead of waiting for Rick.

I ran 6 miles in 51 minutes by myself to start. I stayed up on Filager and Meghan's Run. I ran 2 laps on Filager and then 3 laps on Meghan's Run. After Rick came in I decided to run with him. I didn't run the full distance with him, but I figure I ran another 2 miles in 20 minutes. It was a pretty tough run.

5/27/2006 Bicycling

I hit on an idea that I didn't think of to extend my normal route with out doubling back or starting on a different route. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but it worked out really well. Once I hit Owensville, instead of coming back down 133 to home I continue through Owensville to Rt. 50 and back around Rt. 222.

Odo: 364.7 miles
Dist: 26.90 miles
Time: 1:41:55
Avg: 15.8 mph
Max: 39.4 mph

I wasn't pushing as hard this ride, because I was feeling a bit sore from the running the night before, but it was a great ride. I'm such a stats geek, that it feels good to let go of the stats and the training and just ride.

No comments: