Tuesday, May 30, 2006

5/29/2006 Running and Kayaking

It's Memorial Day, a day of rest and relaxation right? No way! It's a day to work out and sweat my butt off. Well, maybe not that extreme, but I did get a couple of nice work outs in. I started early with a 3.3 mile run in about 30 minutes. It was nice to start off the morning with a nice light jog to get awake and loosened up for the morning's events.

The main event was getting out in the kayaks with Rick. We took the kayaks up to Stonelick Park outside of Owensville, which is a nice small lake that doesn't allow motor boats. We didn't stay out for a long time, maybe a little over an hour, but it was long enough to get a feel for the paddles and what I need to do to prepare for the Little Miami in October. We paddled a little over 2 miles. It didn't feel to bad. It seems the core workouts and the program Lisa set up for me is working. I'll have to keep up the workouts and try to get out on the kayak at least twice a month to get prepared for the race.

No comments: