Saturday, December 09, 2006

12/09/2006 Strength & Spinning

Strength Training

I had a bit of an abbreviated strength training day today. I had intended to do a nice long leisurely strength training session followed by a run, but I happened to show up in time to squeeze in a workout and then try out a spinning class with a different instructor. I was happy to give up some crunches to make it to spinning on time. It might not have been the smartest thing to skip warm up though...

JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.

JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each sid

Spinning - Strength & Endurance

For the first time I got a chance to try a Saturday morning spinning class. I was actually hoping that the room was empty, and I could just use a spinning bike to do an hour of spinning on my own. In retrospect I'm really glad this class was available. I didn't have any particular plan in mind if I were to get in there and peddle on my own which would have been so boring. As it turned out I took part in a tough 60 minute split strength and endurance class.

We were working for most of the class between 65% & 85% heart rate. My heart rate tends to run on the high side, so when she says to be at 65% I'm usually at 75%. I don't feel like I'm working that much harder it's just how it rolls.

No comments: