Tuesday, December 26, 2006

12/24/2006 Dog Jog/Long Run

Continuing our run of unusually warm weather Christmas Eve was another 40+ degree day. Since we were heading out for a long day of family gatherings and lots of eating I had to get out and do some running with Gracie. Poor Gracie would be locked up all day with nobody to take her out, so we went out and jogged the 2.3 miles up and down Filager and through Meghan's Run to get her a little morning exercise.

After dropping Gracie back at the house I continued on for a longer run. I ran what is my usual 6.5 mile route with an extra mile while running Gracie up and down Filager Rd for a total of 7.5 miles in a little over an hour. While running with Gracie we made a few stops to lighten the load or drop a load. I thought I would be annoyed by this when we first started running together again, but I find that it makes me slow down a little bit, and pulls me out of the auto-pilot that I can slip into sometimes when I'm running. I have to be more aware of my surroundings. Hooray for dog jogs!

No comments: