Friday, December 29, 2006

12/29/2006 Strength. Core. Spinning

Strength Training

Elliptical = 15 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 15 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 75 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 75 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 105 lbs.

Core Training

Core class was canceled because of the holiday, but that wasn't going to stop me from torturing myself with some core work before spinning class. I spent about 15 minutes doing crunches, planks, planks with knee dips, alternating side crunches, and more crunches. I don't remember the exact numbers, because I waited too long to post this blog.

Spinning (Intervals and Tempo)

Since there was no core class I was able to get into the spinning room early and start a little early. I was in 30 minutes early actually, which gave me lots of time to warm up and do a little tempo work before class started. I put my heart rate up around 65% and put just enough tension on for that road feel and just let my legs do the work.

After class started we did some intervals and tempo work. I can't remember what we did exactly, because once again I've waited too long and didn't note anything about the class in the days shortly after the class. silly me. Anyway, it was regular 60 minute class for a total of 90 minutes of spinning.




No comments: