Wednesday, December 06, 2006

12/5 - 12/6/2006 Strength Training & Cycling

12/5/2006 Strength Training

Elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC Bands Lunges with rows, Grey Bands - 12 each side.
Wall sit w/20 lb. wts.
2 sets bicep curls = 60 seconds each
2 sets shoulder press = 60 seconds each
Walking lunges = width of court/back doing lat raises with 15lb. wts
Hip adductor = 2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.
Hip abductor = 2 sets/12 reps 100 lbs.
clamshell crunches = 2 sets w/8lb. ball

12/6/2006 Cycling

It was a good day for a ride yesterday, albeit a little cold and windy, but still a good day. It was about 35 degrees and fairly windy, so I made sure to layer up a bit. Once I got out on the road and warm up it was pretty comfortable for the first hour. After that my toes started to go numb, and the cold started to seep in. I didn't push particularly hard or try to go fast; it was just good to ride.

Odo: 1,895.62 miles
Dist: 21.59 miles
Avg: 14.65 mph
Max: 40 mph
Time: 1:28.25

It was a mostly flat route that wandered around the roads near our home. I did a bit of exploring on a road that I had always intended to ride up but never did. It turned out to be a really tough hill that I can definitely work into my training next year. Speaking of next year I think I'll be using my next entry to lay out my plans for next year. The schedule has come together nicely for what will be a full and exciting year.

No comments: