Monday, December 04, 2006

12/2 - 12/3/2006 Long Run & Dog Jog

12/2 Long Run

It's a new route for the beginning of a new training season. Well it's not really a new route, but I changed the long run route I've been using a bit. Instead of running all the way up Rt. 132 hill and into one of the subdivisions I decided to lengthen the route across Batavia to spend some more time running in town on the sidewalks. There is also the advantage of another hill with the option to add another hill later. This will work out wonderfully as I start to add on miles. It was a fairly cold morning at about 35 degrees, but plenty comfortable with long sleeves, pants and a light jacket. It was a 7.6 mile run at 65 minutes.

12/3 Dog Jog

It was a Sunday dog jog! It was a good thing I got out to do it, because I was feeling pretty crappy all morning. It was one of those low energy days where I just wanted to lay down on the couch and sleep, and I did for about an hour and a half. . Gracie and I got out and hit the road up and down Filager and twice through Meghan's Run. It was a nice 35 minute run for 3.6 miles. Afterwards I was feeling much better. Gotta keep that up through the winter.

No comments: