Sunday, December 10, 2006

12/10/2006 Adeo Test Day 1 - Long Run


I have in my possession a new toy, the Adeo by MotionLingo. It's not mine, but it is a loaner to test. I owe a big thanks to Brian at Campus Cyclery for giving me the opportunity to test the product. I didn't have any particular plan in mind for testing the Adeo when I found out last week that I was going to get it for testing, but after I've had a chance to play with it for a day, and see all of the features that are available I decided that I have to try as many of the features as possible before I decide if this is the GPS unit for me. Did I mention it's a GPS? I'm not going to go into an in depth explanation of the product just yet. A review is forthcoming If you want that go here to the website, check it out, and come back later if you're still interested.

Today I took it on my Sunday long run. I set it to give me updates every mile. It was a lot of fun to run with it and my iPod Shuffle, alternating between music and the occasional update right through the headphones. It made the run go quickly, and made me wish I had more time to run.

gmap pedometer: 7.64 miles
timex watch: 1:02.25
cool running pace calculator: 8:10 min/mile
avg hr Timex: 165
Total calories Timex: 1108

No comments: