Thursday, February 02, 2006

2/01/2006 Strength Training

Hit the gym for some strength training yesterday. This is only the third time I've done this program, so I'm still getting used to some of the workouts. They require a lot more attention to form than just hopping on the machine and ripping out a couple set of 12 reps. When it is done right I can definitely feel it though. It went like this:

20 minutes on the elliptical on Fat Burn mode. I feel like I do so much at a high level that I need something at that fat burning range, because part of my goals is to drop 10 pounds. I am starting to see a little dent on that front as well. I weighed in at 161. 4 which is down about 2 lbs from a week ago. That's good, but I don't entirely trust it, I know I can range about 2 lbs depending on the time of day, what I've eaten and what not. I'll believe it when I hit under 160.

JC Bands
Lunges with rows, 12 each side.

Wall sit w/12 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 1 minute
shoulder press = 1 minute

walking lunges = width of b-ball court and back

hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 80 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 80 lbs.

Triple Threat = 2 sets/ 12 ea.

No comments: