Friday, February 10, 2006

2/09/2006 Triple Time - Eliptical, Core Training, Spinning

I love Thursdays at the gym. It's almost the end of the week and it is a great way to begin the unwinding process for the weekend and relieve stress. On this particular Thursday I did 30 minutes eliptical on fat burning which means keeping the heart rate around 123. After that was a 30 minute core class which was brutal this week. We did a bunch of exercises that involved holding the legs up in the air for long periods of time. My legs didn't want to cooperate.

Finally was a 60 minute interval spinning class. This has become one of my favorite spinning classes. She splits the class up into two "teams" that are facing each other. The two teams trade off doing intervals. While one team is sprinting or climbing the other team yells and cheers them on. It definitely makes the hour move along quickly. Thursday night spinning is something I always look forward to doing.

I'm taking today and tomorrow off from workouts. Sunday is the Labor of Love 2 mile race and I want to have fresh legs for the race. It is going to be a tough race, because even though it is a short race it is hilly and it is going to be cold. The weather report I heard today was to expect around 30 degrees for Sunday and possibly snow. That will make it interesting. My goal for the race is to finish at under 15 minutes. I think that is a reasonable goal and it will be a nice measure of how my training is going.

No comments: