Wednesday, February 08, 2006

2/08/2006 Strength & Running

It was a combo day today. I ended up working a double Monday night, which means I didn't get home until 8 am Tuesday morning. Needless to say I wasn't much for working out yesterday. It felt good to have a day off and an excuse to be lazy, and it is not hard to justify a lazy day when you've been up for more than 24 hours.

Strength Training:

elliptical = 10 minutes on Fat Burning
JC BandsLunges with rows, 12 each side.
Wall sit w/12 lb. wts.
bicep curls = 1 minute
shoulder press = 1 minute
walking lunges = width of b-ball court and back
hip adductor=2 sets/12 reps 80 lbs.
hip abductor=2 sets/12 reps 80 lbs.
triple threat = 2 sets/ 12 ea.

The second part of the workout was the run. I didn't have quite enough time to do a long slow 5 miler, so I kept it to 3 miles and mixed it up a little bit. It started out as a tempo run and I threw in a few intervals to keep it interesting. I'll call it a 3 mile tempo run with a time of 26:49.

No comments: