Sunday, April 01, 2007

4/01/2007 Short Recovery Run

Everything got bumped back a day on the training schedule this week after Saturday. Due to a change in work schedule and family coming into town there was just no way I was going to get out to run. It's not a big deal. I'm feeling a bit of marathon training burnout right now, so a movement in the schedule is actually a bit of a welcome relief from following the schedule so rigidly like I have been up to this point. I have a little over a month left, and can't quite get psyched up about the race just yet, but I'm ready to see the end of the run training and get on with the rest of the year. I think I'm more excited about the Tri for Joe following the Flying Pig. It's just the burn out talking. I'll start to get psyched again once I move in to Taper Period.

I did get in my short recovery run on Sunday that should have been the Saturday run. I went out on my lunch break and ran around Clifton which is always a welcome change of scenery. During the 4.25 mile 35:30/ 8:21 pace run I felt pretty stiff which is not unusual after sitting at my desk for 4 hours. It was also very warm, about 75 F, which I'm still getting used to after spending the last 3 months running in much colder temps.

The good thing is after returning to the office post-run I feel great, and am ready to crush the rest of the day.

No comments: