Friday, April 27, 2007

4/25 - 4/27/2007 A Couple Medium Recovery Runs

4/25/2007 Neighborhood MRR

In breaking with my usual routine I wasn't able to get out for my daily run until the late afternoon. It always feels a little odd when that happens, and I never have a great run unless it's really late into the night. I guess it shows I am either a true creature of habit, or creature of the night. I'm a little of both I think, especially in warm weather.

I was a bit stiff during this run, and never felt like I was at 100%. It was one of those days when the legs never quite loosen up fully and it feels like running on stilts. It was still good to get out and run my trusty old 6.5 mile route with the nice long hill to break it up. The 56 minute run of 6.5 miles averaged out to a 8:36 pace.

4/27/2007 Lunken Airport MRR + 3 VAPs

Another afternoon run that I had to squeeze in after getting off work. This time I headed over to Lunken Park for a nice flat run on the loop. In order to make up for my 3 VAP's that I missed the other day I did 3 1 mile VAPs starting at miles 1, 3, and 5. 7 miles. It was a fairly cool day with temperature low to mid 50's and overcast, which is perfect for running. On the flat course I was able to run the 7 miles in 56 minutes at an 8:00 pace without pushing too hard.

I have started making the detailed preparations for the Flying Pig, and one thing I know for sure is that I'm not wearing my gray running shorts. They are doing some serious chafing. I'm gonna have to come up with an alternative between now and Sunday. It might be a pair of Underarmor tights, or ideally a new pair of shorts with the seamless tights sewn in to the short.

No comments: