Saturday, April 21, 2007

4/20 - 4/21/2007 Yasso 800's & MRR

4/20/2007 Yasso 800's

It was time for a change of scenery for the Yasso workout. I didn't feel like running up and down Filager Rd. 15 to 20 times, so I took this show on the road. I headed out on Filager toward Rt. 222 as a warm-up and then started the watch about 1/2 mile into the run to start the intervals. The 10 x 800 with jogs in between took me into Batavia. Once in town I ran some laps around town with intervals of 3:30 each. With a few left I headed back toward home which posed my biggest challenge of having an interval going up the Rt. 132 hill. I held my own on the hill, but had to slow to a walk/jog to finish up the hill after the fast run. It's all good, because I was able to finish up strong on the last two intervals.

4/21/2007 Medium Recovery Run

This run falls somewhere between MRR and SRR but I'm calling it MRR. I ran my old 4.25 mile loop in 36:24. It wasn't exactly a quick run, but still felt challenging after a day of intervals.

We are quickly closing in on marathon day. Things are starting to fall into place, as I feel I'm right on track with my training. Aside from a little lower back pain, and the occasional knee and hip pain I'm feeling healthy (knock on wood). I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do for nutrition during the race. The only thing that I feel could derail me there is if we have a sudden spike in temperature and it turns out to be a hot day. Hopefully the fact that it's so early in the morning will help offset that possibility. The only thing left to do is get my packet for race day, and figure out what I'm going to wear and play the waiting game.

No comments: