Tuesday, April 03, 2007

4/03/2007 Cycling

This is my 1st attempt at speed work for '07. I don't have a training plan in place at the moment, so this was sort of a spur of the moment speed workout. I'm on the hunt now for a training plan that will get me ready for my first duathlon in May. I figure I can start more bike work now and ramp it up during the taper period of my marathon training. That way I can transition after the marathon into a regular duathlon training schedule.

For this ride I did 3 pick ups for 1 mile each trying to maintain a pace of over 20 mph. This was not necessarily the best way to approach this workout but I managed to do okay considering I was pedaling into a headwind at some points. For this type of training I'm thinking it's time to upgrade to the double wireless with cadence. Honestly, how have I gone this long without a cadence monitor?

Dist: 20.6 miles
Time: 1:17.57
Avg: 15.8 mph
Max: 34.7 mph

No comments: