Thursday, February 15, 2007

2/14/2007 Medium Recovery Run with a side of Hills

It was more like a main course of hills with a side of freezing cold. Apparently my Valentine's gift to myself was a painfully cold run up and down a hill where I had to jump off the road into ankle deep snow frequently due to passing vehicles. It was not so much fun at all, but it will pay off later right? It will won't it?

I ran the same 4.25 mile route that I ran on Sunday, except instead of going on home once I got to the top of 132 hill I turned around and ran back down. I then ran the .5 mile back up and repeated this, so I ended up with 4 hill repeats. The hardest one was the second ascent. The entire way up I just kept repeating to myself, only two more times. The third and fourth seemed a little easier, maybe because I knew I was that much closer to being done. I also was thinking more about the fact that my cheeks were freezing and painful on those last two, so the leg pain was pushed aside. The entire run was 7.25 miles in 1:10.35 / 9:44 pace including the hill repeats.

I'm pushing back my goal pace run to Friday due to a scheduling conflict. I'll still be doing the core class and spinning on Thursday evening.

No comments: