Monday, February 26, 2007

2/24 - 2/25/2007 SRR & Long Run

2/24 Short Recovery Run

It was nothing short of a spectacularly awesome run today. Actually, it wasn't anything special. How many times can you really talk about a short recovery run? I caught another break in the weather and got out on my lunch break to do a nice run in the neighborhoods surrounding the hospital. It's very nice to be able to run on the pavement of the roads and sidewalks instead of ice and snow. Although I guess running on ice and snow would be good training for the trail runs I'd like to do this year. Still I'll take dry ground and less risk of twisting my ankle any day.

It was another 3.5 miles in 32:16. Pace was 9 something or something like that.

2/25 Long Run - The Perils of being Unprepared

I got out to do my long run on Sunday, and realized I had not planned out the 14 miles that I was supposed to run. oops. I decided to do a route that I frequently use for my short rides. It would give me a nice change of scenery as well as the distance I needed, or so I thought. Apparently I miscalculated my run and forgot to do the Meghan's Run loop that would have completed the 14 miles. Instead I ended up running 12.25 miles. I'm kind of pissed at myself for doing it. I've done this route dozens of times, but unfortunately my brain is kind like a strainer with important information dripping out while useless facts stick up there forever.

Despite my silly mistake on the run it was still a great run. It was one of those weird days where it is at its warmest in the morning. So when I got out on the road it was close to 50 degrees F and clear. From there the day sort of slid downhill as the clouds rolled in, but during my run it was awesome. I did the 12.25 miles in 1:47 at a pretty steady easy pace. I picked up the pace in the last few miles to see how it would feel. It wasn't too bad. I got a little stiff in my left hip and my right knee ached a bit, but that's not unusual. Good run.

No comments: