Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2/6/2007 Short Recovery Run

Yesterday I decided to take a rest day instead of doing some strength training. I'm making sure to listen to my body, and my body said rest. Actually, I'm going to just do my running this week. I've scheduled an appointment with a trainer on Thursday to workout out a new strength training regiment. The timing seems right for a little break from the hardcore training that I feel like I've been doing. I'm a month in to my marathon training, and it's less than a week until my first race on Sunday. It' s a perfect time to gear back just a notch and rock that first race. That could be the perfect bit of motivation to carry me through the next stage of training.

I had a very easy run today on the hamster wheel at the gym. I started out with a 1/2 mile warm up and then 3 miles starting at a 10 min pace and going up to a 9:30 pace. I followed that up with a 1/2 mile cool down The whol run was 38:43 (4m /9:40 pace).

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Adam, you left me a message on my livejournal (runlikeagrrl.livejournal.com). You're running the Flying Pig? Have you run it before? I think that will be my spring marathon this year. I've heard great things about it!

Unknown said...

I haven't run the full marathon yet, but I've run as part of a relay team twice. It's a well organized and fun event.

This will be my first marathon, and I'm very excited.